United States. Army. Corps, 14th
The Fourteenth Army Corps were established on 1862 Oct 24. They were created under the U.S. War Department's General Orders No. 168, which defined several armies in the Union army's Western Theater. It was formed with troops from the Army of the Cumberland. The Fourteenth Corps were divided into three wings. The the left wing was led by Major General T. L. Crittenden, the center wing was led by George H. Thomas, and the right wing was commanded by Brigadier General Alexander McDowell McCook. McCook's forces were later renamed as the Twentieth Corps, and after that combined with the Twentieth Army Corps to become the Fourth Army Corps.
Citation:Department, U.S. War, "General Orders, No. 168", Ohio Civil War Central (accessed 5 March 2015).
Citation:Dyer, Frederick H. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. Des Moine, IA: Dyer Publishing Co., 1908.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
This collection contains correspondence and military records regarding Brigadier General Wilder's service in the Union Army during the American Civil War from 1861 to 1865 as well as personal correspondence and papers dating from 1865 to 1937.