Andrews family correspondence , 1851-1950
Scope and Contents
This collection contains correspondence, genealogical research, photographs and drawings, newspaper clippings, drafts and other documents pertaining to published and unpublished materials created by several generations of Andrews family members, or about the Andrews family and extended family, all of whom lived primarily in Washington, Georgia and Chattanooga, Tennessee. The majority of the materials were created between 1830 and 1930. Notable persons within the collection are Judge Garnett Andrews (1798-1873), his son Colonel Garnett Andrews (1837-1903), his daughter Eliza Frances Andrews (1840-1931), and Colonel Garnett Andrews son, Garnett Andrews (1870-1946).
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
From the Collection: 2.26 Linear Feet (7 containers)
- From the Collection: Andrews, Garnett (1798-1873) (Person)
- From the Collection: Andrews, Eliza Frances (1840-1931) (Person)
- From the Collection: Andrews, Garnett (1837-1903) (Person)
- From the Collection: Andrews, Garnett (1870-1946) (Person)
- From the Collection: Hay, Elzey (1840-1931) (Person)
Collection Area Details
Part of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Manuscript Collections Collection Area
615 McCallie Avenue
Chattanooga Tennessee 37403 USA