Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Scope and Contents This collection contains a copy of the 1914 yearbook from Girls Preparatory School in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection contains Govan's various administrative library documents, correspondence, historical writings, reviews, extensive research notes, and published materials. The library documents contain budget, circulation, and inventory data related to the University of Chattanooga's library during Govan's tenure as its director. Extensive notecards and other materials demonstrate Govan's meticulous research methods. Of interest is correspondence from around the United States congratulating...
Scope and Contents This collection contains an oral history interview with Charlie Mae Hurt conducted at Glenwood Recreation Center by Marie Bourassa on 2010 October 27 regarding Hurt's life in Chattanooga, Tennessee, the desegregation of schools, and other subjects.
Dates: 2010 October 27
Collection — Box: MS-129 001
Scope and Contents This collection contains letters written by and to the Reverend J. J. Manker regarding the Methodist Church and the beginning of Chattanooga University dating from 1868 to 1932.
Scope and Contents This series contains the papers of William H. Masterson, president of University of Chattanooga and chancellor of University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Arranged in office files, loosely alphabetical by subject or person of interest, the materials in this collection include memorandums, correspondence, publications, newspaper clippings, and other records pertaining to the administration of the university from 1966 to 1973.
Collection — Box: UA-04-01-08 001
Scope and Contents This series contains a program from Archie M. Palmer's induction ceremony at the University of Chattanooga, and a two pieces of correspondence addressed to Palmer.
Scope and Contents This collection contains papers, photographs, scrapbooks, and other material belonging to Hubert "Hugo" Taliaferro. Jr., an American captured at the Battle of the Bulge in 1944 regarding his life, his military service and the Taliaferro family. The collection contains papers and photographs from 1838 September 16 to 1979 May 9.
Dates: circa 1840-1979
Collection — Box: UA-00-01-04 001
Scope and Contents This series contains a grade book, faculty meeting minutes, a faculty roster for the School fo Theology dating from 1890 to 1910. It also contains speech notes on the history of the School of Theology titled "The School of Theology in Grant University and The University of Chattanooga" by Roy L. Howard, presented at the meeting of the Southeastern Jurisdiction Historical Society at Tennessee Wesleyan College, 2008 July 9.
Scope and Contents This series contains auido interviews with members of the university campus community. The interviewees discuss their perspectives on university history, the evolution of campus culture, and the growth of the physical plant over time, among other topics.
Dates: 2019 September 26
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection contains legal documents, briefs, court transcripts, correspondence, memoranda, reports, and plans created by the Board of Education in Chattanooga, Tennessee as well as the 25-year public school desegregation court case, Mapp v. Board of Education of Chattanooga. The contents of the collection range from 1953 to 1986.
- Collection Area
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Archives 4
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Manuscript Collections 3
- Chattanooga History Collections 3
- Education -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 8
- Universities and colleges -- United States -- History 4
- Segregation in education -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 3
- College presidents 2
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 2
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation 2
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 2
- African Americans -- History -- Personal narratives 1
- Black power -- United States 1
- Black power -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Christian universities and colleges -- United States 1
- Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Personal narratives 1
- Mapp v. Board of Education of Chattanooga 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church -- History 1
- Social justice -- United States 1
- Women -- History -- Personal narratives 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ less
- University of Chattanooga 2
- Board of Education (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Chattanooga Public Schools (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Chattanooga University 1
- Girls Preparatory School (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1