Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection contains Catino's correspondence and papers as well as journals, artwork, and photographs created by Emma Bell Miles, Catino's mother. The Emma Bell Miles content documents mountain life on Walden Ridge in the early 20th century. The collection also includes Catino's correspondence with Emma Bell Miles biographer, Kay Baker Gaston. Materials in the collection are dated from 1866 to 2000.
This ollection contains research notes, letters, and drafts regarding her eponymous biography of Appalachian author, naturalist, and artist Emma Bell Miles ranging from 1972 to 2011 The collection also includes short stories, poetry, essays, illustrations, and other material by Emma Bell Miles that range from 1902 to 1921.
This collection includes correspondence, financial records, scrapbooks, and other personal papers as well as manuscripts and drafts of books, articles, and poetry authored by Robert Sparks Walker, a Chattanooga naturalist, writer, poet, and local historian dating from 1896 to 1962. Highlights of this collection include the manuscript and dummies for Walker's Pulitzer Prize nominated book, Torchlights to the Cherokees: The Brainerd Mission.
- Mountain life -- Appalachian Region, Southern 2
- Natural history -- Tennessee 2
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Diaries 1
- Cherokee Indians -- History 1
- Cherokee Indians -- Missions 1
- Environmentalism -- United States 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Horticulturists 1
- Naturalists 1
- Naturalists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Poets, American -- 20th century -- Diaries 1
- Signal Mountain (Tenn.) 1
- Walden Ridge (Tenn.) 1 ∧ less
- Miles, Emma Bell (1879-1919) 2
- Brainerd Mission 1
- Catino, Jean Miles (1902-2000) 1
- Ford, Judith Miles, 1902-1983 1
- Gaston, Kay Baker 1