Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This collection contains Catino's correspondence and papers as well as journals, artwork, and photographs created by Emma Bell Miles, Catino's mother. The Emma Bell Miles content documents mountain life on Walden Ridge in the early 20th century. The collection also includes Catino's correspondence with Emma Bell Miles biographer, Kay Baker Gaston. Materials in the collection are dated from 1866 to 2000.
This collection contains books, pamphlets, and postcards regarding this history of Chattanooga and the American Civil War from 1865 to 1967. Items include books and booklets related to Chattanooga, the Civil War, and Army Life. Also included are post cards and snapshots featuring scenic views of Chattanooga, a reproduction of a book by Abraham Lincoln and a Calendar of Dinners created for the housekeeper.
This collection contains photographic prints and negatives depicting Chattanooga, Tennessee ranging from the 1920s to the 1970s, including photographs of President Franklin D. Roosevelt's visit to Chattanooga, in 1940. Subjects depicted also include scenes from Lookout and Signal Mountains, views of downtown Chattanooga, and images of a variety of buildings, people, and events.
This collection contains interviews conducted in 2021 and 2022 regarding the life of Emma Bell Miles, a woman who lived on Walden Ridge in Signal Mountain, Tennessee from 1879 to 1919.
- Subject: Signal Mountain (Tenn.) X
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Social life and customs 2
- Buildings -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 2
- Lookout Mountain (Appalachian Mountains) 2
- Mountain life -- Appalachian Region, Southern 2
- Walden Ridge (Tenn.) 2
- American literature -- Southern States 1
- Appalachian Region, Southern 1
- Bridges -- Tennessee 1
- Floods -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- Natural history -- Tennessee 1
- Parades -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- Politicians -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Pictorial works 1
- Religion -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Tennessee -- Description and travel 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Pictorial works 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ less
- Miles, Emma Bell (1879-1919) 2
- Burks, Dalton 1
- Catino, Jean Miles (1902-2000) 1
- Chattanooga Area Historical Association 1
- Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park (Ga. and Tenn.) 1