Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Collection — Box: UA-00-01-01 001
Scope and Contents This series contains newspaper clippings, course catalogs, legal documents and other records regarding Chattanooga University from 1883 to 1930. Several legal documents pertain to the Methodist Episcopal Church Board of Education, the Freedmen's Aid and Southern Education Society and the involvement of these two entities in the foundation of Chattanooga University. A substantial portion of this series also contains newspaper clippings and a history manuscript pertaining to the controversy over...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This series contains founding legal documents, administrative and financial records, newspaper clippings and other materials pertaining to both the Chattanooga and Athens campuses of Grant University from 1889 to 1907.
Collection — Box: UA-00-01-04 001
- Subject: Christian universities and colleges -- United States X
- Methodist Episcopal Church -- History 2
- Education -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Race relations -- Religious aspects -- Methodist Episcopal Church 1
- Segregation in higher education -- United States 1
- Freedmen's Aid and Southern Education Society 2
- Chattanooga University 1
- Grant University 1
- Lewis, Edward S., 1855-1934 1
- Spence, John F., 1828-1912 1