Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 23
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence, genealogical research, photographs and drawings, newspaper clippings, drafts and other documents pertaining to published and unpublished materials created by several generations of Andrews family members, or about the Andrews family and extended family, all of whom lived primarily in Washington, Georgia and Chattanooga, Tennessee. The majority of the materials were created between 1830 and 1930. Notable persons within the collection are Judge Garnett...
Scope and Contents This collection contains photographs taken by Bryant Beames of Cravens House, Civil War artifacts, clothing pieces and various paper artifacts, circa 1863 to 1950.
Dates: circa 1861-1965
Scope and Contents This collection contains a surgeon's kit with its original tools that belonged to Charles Edward Bellamy, a physician who lived in Alabama and Mississippi before the United States Civil War. He was stationed at Ringgold Hospital during the war, and served as a member of the Confederate Army until his death from disease in 1863.
Collection — Box: MS-088 001
Scope and Contents This collection includes four letters written by R. M. Bigelow on the topic of nursing during the Civil War ranging from 1862 to 1866.
Scope and Contents This collection contains 2 issues of reprints of the Chattanooga Daily Rebel created in the late 1800s.
Dates: circa 1862-1899
Scope and Contents This collection contains an edition of the Chattanooga Daily Times from 1913 May 27 including an article titled, Personal Reminisces of War Time in Chattanooga.
Dates: 1913 May 27
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence, photographs, military records, and memorabilia collected during Captain Chauncey's service as a Union officer in the United States Civil War. The scope of the collection ranges from 1830 to 1950.The collection includes material related to the Civil War career of Captain John D.P.A.M. Chauncey, of Madison, Indiana. Captain Chauncey was with the 13th Indiana Volunteers. There is also correspondence relating to Captain Chauncey and his descendents, some of...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection provides an interesting insight into the affairs of a Confederate Civil War Veteran, Moses H. Clift (1836-1911). The collection includes documents and correspondence from the war, as well as medals, banners, and certificates highlighting Clift's involvement in the United Confederate Veterans organization. Also included are documents outlining other family members' involvement with Civil War organizations, such as the United Daughters of the Confederacy.
Collection — Box: MS-011 001
Scope and Contents This collection includes transcripts of letters authored by family members while serving the Confederate Army during the United States Civil War in Tennessee and Georgia from 1860 to 1865.
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 X
- Manuscripts 20
- Chattanooga History Collections 3
- Wilder, John Thomas (1830-1917) 3
- Andrews, Eliza Frances (1840-1931) 1
- Andrews, Garnett (1798-1873) 1
- Andrews, Garnett (1837-1903) 1
- Andrews, Garnett (1870-1946) 1
- Bigelow, R. M. 1
- Brainerd Mission 1
- Chauncey, John D. P. A. M. (John Don Pedro Alphonzo Matier, 1820-1877) 1
- Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park (Ga. and Tenn.) 1
- Clift, Moses H. (1836-1911) 1
- Cohn, Jacob 1
- Dyer, William S. 1
- Easley, Oscar 1
- Frank Leslie's illustrated newspaper 1
- Harper's monthly magazine 1
- Hay, Elzey (1840-1931) 1
- Hughes, Nathaniel Cheairs, Jr. (1930-2012) 1
- Hyde, Anne Bachman (1868-1959) 1
- Kollock, Frederick N. 1
- Lookout Mountain Incline Railway 1
- Maher, Thomas 1
- McCallie, Thomas H. (1837-1912) 1
- Myers, Barbara 1
- Roane Iron Company 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 98th (1862-1865) 1
- United States. Army of the Cumberland 1
- United States. Army. Corps, 14th 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Cavalry Regiment, 13th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 17th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Pennsylvania Cavalry Regiment, 4th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Quartermaster's Department 1
- United States. Army. Wilder's Brigade 1
- Ward, Philip R. 1
- Wilder, Martha (Martha Jane Stewart, 1837-1892) 1 ∧ less