- the subject contains Religion
- or the subject contains Church
- or the subject contains "Religious life and customs"
Showing Results: 1 - 8 of 8
This collection contains home movies and photographs that document the Jesus Name Tradition in Appalachia from circa 1970 to 1985.
This collection includes 184 field recordings and interviews totalling more than 400 hours of documentary footage of serpent handling congregations in Southern Appalachia, featuring extensive footage of church services and interviews with church members of many of the major Holiness serpent handling congregations from 1975 to 2004. Additionally, the collection includes more than 2,500 photographic prints of congregants, church leaders, and services.
This collection contains Shofar newsletters published by the Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga in Chattanooga, Tennessee from 1986 to 2018.
This collection contains correspondence regarding theology between David Lewis Beebe, Scottish theologian T. Ralph Morton, and English author Elizabeth Goudge from 1972 to 1978.
This collection includes class notes, essays, letters, and drafts and manuscripts of this publications authored during his tenure as a professor of Religious Studies at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga from 1972 to 1994.
This collection contains a photocopied facsimile of McCallie's autobiography covering a period beginning in 1901 and ending in 1912. The Memoirs is a hand-written volume of 153 pages. A transcription of the memoir is available. There are also three letters (photocopies) from 1905 concerning the founding of the McCallie School in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
This collection contains photographic prints and negatives depicting Chattanooga, Tennessee ranging from the 1920s to the 1970s, including photographs of President Franklin D. Roosevelt's visit to Chattanooga, in 1940. Subjects depicted also include scenes from Lookout and Signal Mountains, views of downtown Chattanooga, and images of a variety of buildings, people, and events.
- Collection Area: University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Manuscript Collections X
- Religion -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 4
- Southern States -- Religion 4
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Religious life and customs 2
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Social life and customs 2
- Snake cults (Holiness churches) -- Appalachian Region, Southern 2
- Bridges -- Tennessee 1
- Buildings -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- Floods -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- Jews -- Intellectual life 1
- Jews -- Periodicals 1
- Jews -- Social life and customs 1
- Lookout Mountain (Appalachian Mountains) 1
- Parades -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- Politicians -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Pictorial works 1
- Religion -- Study and teaching 1
- Signal Mountain (Tenn.) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Pictorial works 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ less
- Beebe, David Lewis, 1763-1803 1
- Daily, W. C. (William Clinton, 1818-1897) 1
- Goudge, Elizabeth (1900-1984) 1
- Hall, Thor (1927- ) 1
- Hood, Ralph W. 1
- Iona Community 1
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga 1
- Lookout Mountain Incline Railway 1
- McCallie, Thomas H. (1837-1912) 1
- Morton, T. Ralph (Thomas Ralph), 1900-1977 1
- Myers, Barbara 1
- Pilgrim Congregational Church (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Vance, Mary 1
- Williamson, W. Paul (William Paul) 1 ∧ less