- the subject contains Segregation
- or the subject contains "Civil rights movements"
- or the subject contains "Black Power"
- or the subject contains "Social justice"
- or the subject contains "Gun control"
Showing Results: 1 - 6 of 6
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection contains legal documents, briefs, court transcripts, correspondence, memoranda, reports, and plans created by the Board of Education in Chattanooga, Tennessee as well as the 25-year public school desegregation court case, Mapp v. Board of Education of Chattanooga. The contents of the collection range from 1953 to 1986.
Scope and Contents This collection contains interviews with student organizers and survivors of gun violence regarding the March For Our Lives movement in Chattanooga, Tennessee in 2018.
Collection — Folder: MS-141 001
Scope and Contents This collection contains posters created by March For Our Lives demonstrators in Chattanooga, Tennessee on 2018 March 24.
Dates: 2018 March 24
Scope and Contents This collection contains interviews regarding the history of women in Chattanooga, Tennessee recorded from 2016 to 2019. The interviews document a wide breadth of local history ranging from race relations and education to women in the workforce and family life.
Scope and Contents This collection contains interviews regarding Latinx experiences in Chattanooga, Tennessee recorded in 2019.
Scope and Contents This collection contains an oral history interview with Charlie Mae Hurt conducted at Glenwood Recreation Center by Marie Bourassa on 2010 October 27 regarding Hurt's life in Chattanooga, Tennessee, the desegregation of schools, and other subjects.
Dates: 2010 October 27
- Collection Area
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Special Collections 5
- Chattanooga History Collections 1
- Social justice -- United States 4
- Women -- History -- Personal narratives 3
- Gun control -- United States 2
- Segregation in education -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 2
- African Americans -- History -- Personal narratives 1
- Black power -- United States 1
- Black power -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Crumsey v. Justice Knights of the Ku Klux Klan 1
- Demonstrations 1
- Education -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Family violence 1
- Hate crimes-- -- United States 1
- Hispanic American men 1
- Hispanic American women -- History -- Personal narratives 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Personal narratives 1
- Mapp v. Board of Education of Chattanooga 1
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation 1
- Trials (Hate crimes) 1 ∧ less
- March for Our Lives (2018 : Washington, D.C.) 2
- Board of Education (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Chattanooga Public Schools (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Chattanooga Students Leading Change (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Hamilton County (Tenn.). Board of Education 1