- the subject contains Segregation
- or the subject contains "Civil rights movements"
- or the subject contains "Black Power"
- or the subject contains "Social justice"
- or the subject contains "Gun control"
Showing Results: 1 - 2 of 2
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection contains legal documents, briefs, court transcripts, correspondence, memoranda, reports, and plans created by the Board of Education in Chattanooga, Tennessee as well as the 25-year public school desegregation court case, Mapp v. Board of Education of Chattanooga. The contents of the collection range from 1953 to 1986.
Scope and Contents This collection documents the activities of LeRoy A. Martin, president of the University of Chattanooga from 1959 through 1966. The dates of the files within this collection range from 1944-1969, though the bulk of the files relate to LeRoy A. Martin's years as the president of the University of Chattanooga. He employed an alphabetical filing system using alphabetical office files, combining a wide range of subjects. This collection contains office files, correspondence, reports, schedules,...
Dates: 1959 - 1966
- Subject: Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century X
- Collection Area
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Special Collections 1
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Archives 1
- Board of Education (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Chattanooga Public Schools (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Hamilton County (Tenn.). Board of Education 1
- Hamilton County/Chattanooga Public Schools (Hamilton County, Tenn.) 1
- Martin, LeRoy A. (LeRoy Albert) 1
- Witt, Raymond B., 1915-2000 1 ∧ less