- the subject contains Segregation
- or the subject contains "Civil rights movements"
- or the subject contains "Black Power"
- or the subject contains "Social justice"
- or the subject contains "Gun control"
Showing Results: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection contains legal documents, briefs, court transcripts, correspondence, memoranda, reports, and plans created by the Board of Education in Chattanooga, Tennessee, as well as the 25-year public school desegregation court case Mapp v. Board of Education of Chattanooga. The contents of the collection range from 1953 to 1986.
This collection contains interviews with student organizers and survivors of gun violence regarding the March For Our Lives movement in Chattanooga, Tennessee in 2018.
This collection contains photographs taken by Delmont Wilson and James Mooney for the Chattanooga News-Free Press regarding the Civil Rights sit-in demonstrations organized by Black students from Howard High School in Chattanooga, Tennessee in February 1960.
This collection contains interviews regarding the history of women in Chattanooga, Tennessee recorded from 2016 to 2019. The interviews document a wide breadth of local history ranging from race relations and education to women in the workforce and family life.
This collection contains interviews regarding Latinx experiences in Chattanooga, Tennessee recorded in 2019.
This series contains records of the Black Student Alliance as well as records of the Black History Month Planning Committee, a group that formed every year to assist with programming events for Black History Month celebrations at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Most materials in this series date from 1970 to the early 1990s.
- Subject: Social justice -- United States X
- Collection Area
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Manuscript Collections 4
- Chattanooga History Collections 1
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Archives 1
- Civil rights movements 2
- Women -- History -- Personal narratives 2
- Black power -- United States 1
- Black power -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Civil rights demonstrations 1
- College students -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- College students, Black 1
- Crumsey v. Justice Knights of the Ku Klux Klan 1
- Education -- Tennessee 1
- Family violence 1
- Gun control -- United States 1
- Hate crimes -- United States 1
- Hispanic American men 1
- Hispanic American women -- History -- Personal narratives 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Mapp v. Board of Education of Chattanooga 1
- Police brutality 1
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation 1
- Segregation in education -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Students -- Political activity 1
- Trials (Hate crimes) 1
- United States -- History -- Pictorial works 1
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 1
- Universities and colleges -- United States 1 ∧ less
- English 5
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 1
- Board of Education (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Chattanooga Public Schools (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Chattanooga Students Leading Change (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Hamilton County (Tenn.). Board of Education 1
- Hamilton County/Chattanooga Public Schools (Hamilton County, Tenn.) 1