- the subject contains Segregation
- or the subject contains "Civil rights movements"
- or the subject contains "Black Power"
- or the subject contains "Social justice"
- or the subject contains "Gun control"
Showing Results: 1 - 10 of 11
Raymond B. Witt papers
This collection contains legal documents, briefs, court transcripts, correspondence, memoranda, reports, and plans created by the Board of Education in Chattanooga, Tennessee, as well as the 25-year public school desegregation court case Mapp v. Board of Education of Chattanooga. The contents of the collection range from 1953 to 1986.
Chattanooga gun violence activism oral histories
This collection contains interviews with student organizers and survivors of gun violence regarding the March For Our Lives movement in Chattanooga, Tennessee in 2018.
March For Our Lives posters
This collection contains posters created by March For Our Lives demonstrators in Chattanooga, Tennessee on 2018 March 24.
Chattanooga Civil Rights Movement Demonstrations photographs
This collection contains photographs taken by Delmont Wilson and James Mooney for the Chattanooga News-Free Press regarding the Civil Rights sit-in demonstrations organized by Black students from Howard High School in Chattanooga, Tennessee in February 1960.
LeRoy A. Martin papers
Chattanooga women's oral histories
This collection contains interviews regarding the history of women in Chattanooga, Tennessee recorded from 2016 to 2019. The interviews document a wide breadth of local history ranging from race relations and education to women in the workforce and family life.
Black Student Alliance records
This series contains records of the Black Student Alliance as well as records of the Black History Month Planning Committee, a group that formed every year to assist with programming events for Black History Month celebrations at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Most materials in this series date from 1970 to the early 1990s.
Chattanooga Latinx oral histories
This collection contains interviews regarding Latinx experiences in Chattanooga, Tennessee recorded in 2019.
William H. Masterson papers
This series contains the papers of William H. Masterson, president of University of Chattanooga and chancellor of University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Arranged in office files, loosely alphabetical by subject or person of interest, the materials in this collection include memorandums, correspondence, publications, newspaper clippings, and other records pertaining to the administration of the university from 1966 to 1973.
Charlie Mae Hurt interview
This collection contains an oral history interview with Charlie Mae Hurt conducted at Glenwood Recreation Center by Marie Bourassa on 2010 October 27 regarding Hurt's life in Chattanooga, Tennessee, the desegregation of schools, and other subjects.
- Collection Area
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Manuscript Collections 5
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Archives 4
- Chattanooga History Collections 2
- Social justice -- United States 6
- Universities and colleges -- United States 4
- Civil rights movements 3
- Segregation in education -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 3
- Women -- History -- Personal narratives 3
- College presidents 2
- College students -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 2
- Gun control -- United States 2
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation 2
- Segregation in higher education -- United States 2
- African Americans -- History -- Personal narratives 1
- Black power -- United States 1
- Black power -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Christian universities and colleges -- United States 1
- Civil rights demonstrations 1
- College students, Black 1
- Crumsey v. Justice Knights of the Ku Klux Klan 1
- Demonstrations 1
- Education -- Tennessee 1
- Family violence 1
- Hate crimes -- United States 1
- Hispanic American men 1
- Hispanic American women -- History -- Personal narratives 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Personal narratives 1
- Mapp v. Board of Education of Chattanooga 1
- Police brutality 1
- Race relations -- Religious aspects -- Methodist Episcopal Church 1
- Students -- Political activity 1
- Trials (Hate crimes) 1
- United States -- History -- Pictorial works 1
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 1
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 1 ∧ less
- English 10
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 1
- March for Our Lives (2018 : Washington, D.C.) 2
- Board of Education (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Chattanooga Public Schools (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Chattanooga Students Leading Change (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Chattanooga University 1
- Freedmen's Aid and Southern Education Society 1
- Hamilton County (Tenn.). Board of Education 1
- Hamilton County/Chattanooga Public Schools (Hamilton County, Tenn.) 1
- Hurt, Charlie Mae 1
- Ku Klux Klan. Justice Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (1915- ) (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Lewis, Edward S., 1855-1934 1
- Martin, LeRoy A. (LeRoy Albert) 1
- Masterson, William H. (William Henry, 1914-1983) 1
- Moms Demand Action (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Black Student Alliance 1
- Witt, Raymond B., 1915-2000 1 ∧ less