Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 24
Collection — Box: UA-04-01-06 001
Scope and Contents This series contains primarily correspondence to and from Arlo Ayers Brown from 1921-1929 relating to administrative affairs of the University of Chattanooga. Several files contain correspondence with charitable organizations such as the Carnegie Corporation and the American Bankers Association Foundation applying for funding for student scholarships and other needs. Additionally there is a file of correspondence with Adolph S. Ochs and his associates pertaining to a service and series of...
Collection — Box: UA-00-01-07 001
Collection — Box: UA-00-01-05 001
Scope and Contents This series contains index cards listing matriculates and graduates of the Law School, a course catalog, articles of agreement with Grant University, newspaper clippings, and a faculty roster dating from 1898 to 1910.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This series contains photocopies of course catalogs, correspondence, rosters, newspaper clippings, and other records pertaining to students, faculty, and the administration of Chattanooga Medical College from 1889-1910. The bulk of the series is comprised of photocopies of course catalogs.
Collection — Box: UA-00-01-01 001
Scope and Contents This series contains newspaper clippings, course catalogs, legal documents and other records regarding Chattanooga University from 1883 to 1930. Several legal documents pertain to the Methodist Episcopal Church Board of Education, the Freedmen's Aid and Southern Education Society and the involvement of these two entities in the foundation of Chattanooga University. A substantial portion of this series also contains newspaper clippings and a history manuscript pertaining to the controversy over...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This series contains founding legal documents, administrative and financial records, newspaper clippings and other materials pertaining to both the Chattanooga and Athens campuses of Grant University from 1889 to 1907.
Collection — Box: UA-04-01-07 001
Scope and Contents The Alexander Guerry papers contains three small files, with all materials dating from 1929 to 1938. First, there is a file of correspondence between Guerry and various Departments of Education throughout the United States (local, state, and federal) regarding the ideal setup of a governing body for a local public education system. Secondly, there are programs, speeches, correspondence, and other materials related to the Semi-Centennial of the University of Chattanooga. Lastly, there are...
Scope and Contents This series documents the activities of LeRoy A. Martin, president of the University of Chattanooga from 1959 through 1966. The dates of the files within this collection range from 1944-1969, though the bulk of the files relate to LeRoy A. Martin's years as the president of the University of Chattanooga. He employed an alphabetical filing system using alphabetical office files which include a wide range of subjects and document types, including correspondence, reports, schedules, leaflets,...
Dates: 1948 October 4-1969 July 30
Scope and Contents This series contains the papers of William H. Masterson, president of University of Chattanooga and chancellor of University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Arranged in office files, loosely alphabetical by subject or person of interest, the materials in this collection include memorandums, correspondence, publications, newspaper clippings, and other records pertaining to the administration of the university from 1966 to 1973.
Collection — Box: UA-04-01-08 001
Scope and Contents This series contains a program from Archie M. Palmer's induction ceremony at the University of Chattanooga, and a two pieces of correspondence addressed to Palmer.
- Universities and colleges -- United States -- History 23
- College presidents 7
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 6
- Christian universities and colleges -- United States 5
- College students -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 5
- College trustees 4
- Education -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 3
- Methodist Episcopal Church -- History 3
- Universities and Colleges -- United States -- Faculty 3
- Segregation in higher education -- United States 2
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 2
- African American universities and colleges 1
- Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century 1
- College environment 1
- College students, Black 1
- Higher education and state 1
- Law schools 1
- Medical colleges 1
- Medical education -- United States 1
- Race relations -- Religious aspects -- Methodist Episcopal Church 1
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation 1
- Segregation in education -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Universities and colleges, Black 1
- Women -- Societies and clubs 1 ∧ less
- University of Chattanooga 7
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga 5
- University of Chattanooga. Board of Trustees 3
- Chattanooga City College 2
- Chattanooga University 2
- Freedmen's Aid and Southern Education Society 2
- Grant University 2
- Brown, Arlo Ayers (1883-1961) 1
- Chattanooga Medical College 1
- Evans, Charles Rountree (1863-1920) 1
- Lewis, Edward S., 1855-1934 1
- Martin, LeRoy A. (LeRoy Albert) 1
- Masterson, William H. (William Henry, 1914-1983) 1
- Spence, John F., 1828-1912 1
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Alpha Society 1
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Office of Academic Affairs 1
- Zion College 1 ∧ less