Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Collection — Box: UA-00-01-01 001
Scope and Contents This series contains newspaper clippings, course catalogs, legal documents and other records regarding Chattanooga University from 1883 to 1930. Several legal documents pertain to the Methodist Episcopal Church Board of Education, the Freedmen's Aid and Southern Education Society and the involvement of these two entities in the foundation of Chattanooga University. A substantial portion of this series also contains newspaper clippings and a history manuscript pertaining to the controversy over...
Collection — Box: MS-129 001
Scope and Contents This collection contains letters written by and to the Reverend J. J. Manker regarding the Methodist Church and the beginning of Chattanooga University dating from 1868 to 1932.
Collection — Box: MS-060 001
Scope and Contents This collection consists of various receipts documenting the amount of money Stapp owed and paid for several services. These receipts include: receipts from Chattanooga University and U.S. Grant University for tuition, French class, fines, and the University Baseball Association, receipts from the Literary Society for dues owed, and receipts for bought furniture, paid poll tax, Y.M.C.A dues, a subscription to the Lookout newspaper, and for groceries. All of these receipts range in date from...
Scope and Contents This collection contains oil on canvas paintings of thirteen of the presidents and chancellors of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and its predecessor institutions.
- Names: Chattanooga University X
- Collection Area
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Manuscript Collections 2
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Archives 2
- Universities and colleges -- United States -- History 2
- Christian universities and colleges -- United States 1
- College costs -- United States 1
- College presidents 1
- Education -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Race relations -- Religious aspects -- Methodist Episcopal Church 1
- Segregation in higher education -- United States 1 ∧ less
- English 3
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 1
- Grant University 2
- Freedmen's Aid and Southern Education Society 1
- Lewis, Edward S., 1855-1934 1
- Manker, John J. 1
- Stapp, Thomas B., 1868-1954 1